Volunteer to help us with all kinds of fun events!
The Sudbury Cyclists Union runs and participates in a number of fun events over the year. Volunteer with us to make cycling fun and enjoyable in Greater Sudbury!
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Do you have a mechanical bent? We need volunteers to help show other cyclists how to tune up their bikes at our bike repair BBQs
- Do you like to interact with children? We need volunteers to help run kids bike rodes, kids bike exchanges, and help with teaching safe cycling to children
- Do you like to meet new people and have fun? We need volunteers to help spread the word about safe cycling at local events, to help with bike valet parking at great festivals like the Northern Lights Folk Festival/Boréal and Upfest, to help with bike trailer service at the River and Sky Music and Camping Festival, and more!
- Do you like to meet other cyclists and learn safe cycling practices? We need volunteers to help lead and organize SCU rides.
- Do you like to spearhead new projects and programs? Do you have an idea for a cycling project that you'd like to see in place? We need volunteers to help run special projects like our Bike Rack inventory. We have some great programming suggestions from the public and we're looking for leaders to get them off the ground.
- Do you like to make a difference? We need volunteers to help advocate for safe cycling initiatives in Greater Sudbury, and to help lead the Sudbury Cyclists Union. Volunteer to help with our advocacy or to become a member of the SCU Executive.
- The City of Greater Sudbury will be looking for more cycling instructors this year for safe cycling courses delivered to the general public! Take a CAN-BIKE 2 course, and then an instructor course and become a certified CAN-BIKE instructor. These are paid opportunities. Contact us if you're interested!