Our ride for Tuesday, July 26 is still a go! Please make sure that you bring water to keep hydrated!
– The Sudbury Cyclists Union invites you to ride along during its second Community Bike Ride of the season.
– Community Bike Rides are an opportunity to share the joy of cycling with others and to learn about the cycling infrastructure that exists within Greater Sudbury.
– Tuesday, July 19
– The ride will start at 6 p.m., but riders are asked to arrive by 5:45 p.m. for a safety briefing.
– The ride will be between 1.5 and 2 hours in length.
– Start and finish at St. Francis Catholic Elementary School (691 Lilac).
– Portions of the route will travel, for example, Junction Creek Trail, Southview Dr., St. Charles Lake Rd., as well as the Laurentian University Trail and the Ramsey Lake Rd. multi-use path. The route includes on-road and light trail sections, as
well as some hills.
– The estimated length is 17 kilometres.
– This ride is appropriate for people who are comfortable riding on roads in single file and who will follow the rules of the road.
– Children riding alone may have difficulty with some sections that include hills.
– Riders with bicycles that have very narrow tires may have some difficulty with certain trail sections.
– Safety is very important: all participants will be required to follow the rules of the road.
– Helmets are mandatory for all riders under the age of 18, but all riders are encouraged to wear helmets.
– Before the ride starts, riders will be asked to sign a waiver and take part in a brief safety information session.
– Bring yourself some water and a light snack to boost your energy along the way!